CALL NOW!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

FROM FELONY GRAND LARCENY TO A DISMISSAL

We represent a man that found a woman's wallet in a bathroom in a restaurant in Chinatown.  He picked it up and was on his way to turn it over to the restaurant manager.  A woman asked if he found her wallet.  He said that he did and immediately returned it to her with all of its contents still inside including several credit cards.  The woman called 911 and told the police the story I just described.   My client was then arrested and charged with Grand Larceny.    This case really bothered me.  The District Attorney offered a disorderly conduct.  Not a bad outcome from a felony Grand Larceny case, but since he didn’t do anything wrong I wanted to get a better result.  Today my client and I met with the DA and he agreed to drop all charges!


No comments:

Post a Comment