CALL NOW!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

From Felony Assault to ACD....

Today I represented a 31 year old Chinese immigrant woman who had been arrested and charged with assault in the 2nd degree (Penal Law 120-05, a class D felony) punishable by up to 7 years in jail. She was accused of beating her young daughter. 

I was able to negotiate a family ACD - Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal - which means if she stays out of trouble for one year her case will get dismissed and sealed automatically. In order to entice the District Attorney to agree to this resolution, I sent my client to voluntarily attend and complete anger management and parenting courses in Mandarin. Additionally, my client participated in a public service announcement type press conference to alert other Chinese born parents of the repercussions of imposing corporal punishment on your children in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment